I have been tagged on this little fucker by the legend that is Senor @AdamPlum who was tagged on this by MammyWoo. I don’t know why I call @AdamPlum ‘Senor’ all the time. He kindly retweets a post of mine, I say “thank you senor”. He #FF’s me, I say “thanks senor”. I have no idea why I do this. Perhaps it’s because he looks like this?
So the idea of this meme is Want. I Want, I want I want! What do you want? What do I want? I’ve decided to explore this through the medium of song but before I do, let me tell you something I want. Like I really really want.
I want to meet my children in a restaurant. T is 22, K 20. I’m… fuck, I’ll be 58. We’ll sit down and talk, about stuff. Anything and everything. It’ll be sunny, warm and we’ll be sitting outside. My son will order the food and my daughter will order the wine or the other way around. We’ll have lunch and have a laugh. They’ll have plans for the rest of the day but both will call their respective friends to say they’ll be later than planned as they’re having lunch with their dad and they’re staying for another coffee.
We’ll hug. I’ll tell them I love them. And they’ll tell me we’ll do the same again next week. As usual.
It’s a dream innit. But one which could come true. With a good wind behind me and the right frame of mind. If not every week then once. Just once would be enough.
There’s so many things I want. To be rid of this depression that’s governed my life for periods of time. For my mum to be healthier. But this is tough. What do I want? Really? Now and in the future. Decided by the past, through the present and for the future?
I’ve decided to go through this in the medium of song. Bonus points and a gold star if you get all the songs. And bonus points if you know where I’m coming from.
- All I want is the real thing. And a night that lasts for years.
- You say you’ll give me eyes in a moon of blindness. A river in a time of dryness. A harbour in the tempest. But all the promises we make, from the cradle to the grave, when all I want is you
- Candy on the beach, there’s nothing better. But I like candy when it’s wrapped in a sweater. Some day soon I’ll make you mine, then I’ll have candy all the time. I want candy, I want candy.
- I want you. It’s the stupid details that my heart is breaking for. It’s the way your shoulders shake and what they’re shaking for
- I want nothing more than to dance with you. I want nothing more than to float with you.
- And when I touch you I feel happy, inside. It’s such a feeling that my love, I can’t hide. I can’t hide. I can’t hide
- I wanna be like you. I wanna walk like you, talk like you, too. You’ll see it’s true! An ape like me! Can learn to be human too
Oh, and there’s this one. This is very true right now.
- Haven’t had a dream in a long time. See the life I’ve had, can make a good man bad. So, for once in my life, let me get what I want.
Lord knows, it would be the first time.
Not sure who to tag on this so if you’re interested then please take the baton and run with it. And pass it on to your friends. Surely we all want the same thing. To be good people, to be good parents, to live a good life. And to live to see our children do better than we ever did. But if we all put the same answers down, well… it’d be dull wouldn’t it?
Thanks for reading