Another meme, this time by Her Royal Loveliness @mummyadventure who asked for willing participants for this badboy and I duly stepped forward. Sometimes a meme is a good way to get the blogging going again if you’ve hit a bit of a hurdle. As I’ve said before, I see memes as the blogging equivalent of throwing a stick for a gleeful dog to fetch. With my brain being that gleeful dog. So I’m always up for them.
My son, 3, asks ‘Why?’ a lot. ‘Why daddy why?’ is his usual. My daughter is still young and so she hasn’t got ‘why’ yet, but I’m sure she will soon. I try to give my son an answer because when I was growing up and I asked MY mum ‘why?’ she always told me ‘Because I said so.’ My children deserve a better answer than this.
But I’ve found this one hard. I don’t ask myself ‘why?’ very much. I tend to ask myself ‘how?’ and try to deconstruct things and analyse how they got to this state. It’s frustrating as often I have no answers.
And so it’s time for me to ask myself some why questions. Some are related to parenting, some related to life shizzle. Here goes…
- Why do people use the phrase ‘get on like a house on fire’ when, as far as I can see, a house on fire is not a good thing?
- Why aren’t you eating that? You ate it on Monday but why not today?
- Why is Olly Murs?
- Why do I feel I haven’t connected with my daughter as much I have my son?
- Why can’t I sleep?
- Why are bathtimes such fun for you, but the washing hair bit so horrendous?
- Why am I crying?
- Why do you insist on trying The Houdini when you’re strapped in the the car seat?
- Why won’t you give me a straight answer?
- Why do I suffer from depression?
- Why won’t they try to make up and try to find some common ground?
- Why do you go a beetroot colour when doing a poo?
- Why do they insist on pairing Claire Balding and Willy Carson together when he’s so short and she’s so tall?
- Why is your face so big? We could stick you on the side of a house and get decent satellite reception.
- Why did you just walk past me without saying anything when a few months back you’d stop and chat?
- Why can’t someone give me something to just take this pain away?
- Why is your child so rude?
- Why did I do that?
- Why do cashpoint machines now have a farking movie going on when you simply want to take some money out as quickly as possible?
I would tag others on this but I’ve found this very hard and so I don’t want others to struggle. If you want to have a go then please feel free and come back here and link to your version, but for the moment, if you can, check out @mummyadventure and @babberblog who’ve done this so much better than I.
Thanks for reading.